Acid Reflux in America
Apart from the physical discomfort, acid reflux is also heavy on the wallet. According to surveys, acid reflux accounts for about $15-20 billion of the total health care expenditure. Over-the-counter medications for acid reflux account for around $10 billion in annual health care costs.
Acid reflux is a bane to many. Around 60 million Americans experience heartburn and regurgitation associated with acid reflux once a month, while 15 million Americans suffer from acid reflux on a day-to-day basis.
Acid Reflux Wellness Plan
Our plan balances the elements of the body to restore equilibrium. It strengthens and heals the body from within. It is a three-dimensional approach that ensures complete healing. It also has an added advantage of being easy on the wallet as opposed to the expensive over-the-counter treatments available that need to be taken on a regular basis for extended periods and have undesirable side-effects.
Our plan is a suitable and sustainable alternative to the mindless pill-popping option that does more harm than good. It is a no side-effects cure that treats the root cause of acid reflux instead of just relieving the symptoms temporarily.
Three Dimensional Aspect
- Completely natural, traditional ayurvedic herbal preparations
- Have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, digestive stimulant, carminative and gastroprotective properties.
- Six tried and tested yoga asanas suited specifically for treating acid reflux
- The asanas relieve the symptoms, release excess gas and strengthen the gastrointestinal muscles to prevent future reflux of stomach acid.
- Six simple lifestyle advices that are effective in speeding up the healing process.
- These lifestyle changes are easy-to-do, effective and have an overall positive impact.
Monthly consultations with the best Ayurvedic practitioners is a key element of our plan. These consultations help us understand you and your needs better and customize your plan accordingly. According to Ayurveda, each person has a different constitution or prakruti which is determined by the bodily humors or doshas. Disease is generally regarded as a state of imbalance of the doshas. The monthly consultations will help us analyze your prakruti, determine your dominant dosha and treat the imbalances in any of the three doshas. These consultations will also help us keep a track of your progress and make any changes in supplements, asanas or lifestyle advice as and when required.
We are a company that celebrates individuality and uniqueness much like Ayurveda does and so we definitely don’t believe in the “one size fits all” kinda thing. Your plan will be as unique and individualistic as you. But to give you an idea of how your 6-months wellness plan will look like, we have a sample plan below
Our Sample Plan
- Month 1 – Tridosha balancing supplement (Guluchyadi Kashayam).
- Month 2 – Tridosha balancing supplement (Guluchyadi Kashayam).
- Month 3 – Tridosha balancing supplement (Guluchyadi Kashayam).
- Month 4 – Vata + Pitta balancing supplement (Drakshadi Kashayam).
- Month 5 – Vata + Pitta balancing supplement (Drakshadi Kashayam).
- Month 6 – Vata + Pitta balancing supplement (Drakshadi Kashayam).
Dosage – Twice daily before meals. 5-15 mL of the liquid must be mixed in a glass of boiled and cooled water (4X liquid).
No known side-effects.
- Month 1 – Kapalbhati Pranayama for 5 minutes.
- Month 2 – Kapalbhati Pranayama and Agnisar kriya for 5 minutes each.
- Month 3 – Kapalbhati pranayama, Agnisar kriya and Vajrasana for 5 minutes each.
- Month 4 – Kapalbhati Pranayama, Agnisar kriya and Pawanmuktasana for 5 minutes each.
- Month 5 – Kapalbhati Pranayama and Agnisar kriya for 5 minutes each. Followed by Balasana for 10 minutes (2 sets).
- Month 6 – Kapalbhati Pranayama and Agnisar kriya for 5 minutes each. Followed by Vibhadrasana II for 10 minutes (2 sets).
These are simple yoga poses (do not get scared by the elaborate names) that should be practiced within 30 minutes of waking up for best results.
- Month 1 – Drink a glass of lukewarm water first thing in the morning.
- Month 2 – Try to increase your water intake to 8 glasses per day.
- Month 3 – Eat your meals on time and keep the heaviest meal between 10am-2pm.
- Month 4 – Less of sugar and junk.
- Month 5 – Include healthy herbs in your diet.
- Month 6 – Get a good 7-8 hours snooze every night.
- Initial consultation before starting the plan.
- Consultation 1 – Week 5.
- Consultation 2 – Week 10.
- Consultation 3 – Week 15.
- Consultation 4 – Week 20.